• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I just got my Nexus 7!" thread

I finally got it! I've got to give Google some credit because they overnighted it to me. I got my case too which is weird since I thought either the 16gb or cases caused the shipping delay.

Unlocked and rooted almost immediately. I've been feeding it apps and now need to configure all of them.

I messed with Google Now a bit and it's OK. The background is terrible but I can't figure out how to change it. I've got to mess with it before I make a judgement.

I find the JB interface smooth but it doesn't seem better than my GNex.

I'm watching Hot Teacher on it now and the screen looks pretty good but the sound is on par with all other tablets I've used.

I think the 7" form is what I was looking for but won't know for sure until I use it for a few weeks.

Good luck to anyone who still has an outstanding order, it's pretty cool so far!

Upvote 0
I finally got it! I've got to give Google some credit because they overnighted it to me. I got my case too which is weird since I thought either the 16gb or cases caused the shipping delay.

Unlocked and rooted almost immediately. I've been feeding it apps and now need to configure all of them.

I messed with Google Now a bit and it's OK. The background is terrible but I can't figure out how to change it. I've got to mess with it before I make a judgement.

I find the JB interface smooth but it doesn't seem better than my GNex.

I'm watching Hot Teacher on it now and the screen looks pretty good but the sound is on par with all other tablets I've used.

I think the 7" form is what I was looking for but won't know for sure until I use it for a few weeks.

Good luck to anyone who still has an outstanding order, it's pretty cool so far!

Congrats Rich, and nice quick review.:)

Upvote 0
Since Google's Play support couldn't give me a straight answer on my order, I found a Sam's Club that had 3 in stock. Bought a co-worker lunch for buying it for me w/his membership. :D

The Sam's employee checked their system, no others in their stores within a 150 mile radius - and I'm in a 2+MM metro area with quite a few Sam's. Very lucky to have snagged one.

Upvote 0
Since Google's Play support couldn't give me a straight answer on my order, I found a Sam's Club that had 3 in stock. Bought a co-worker lunch for buying it for me w/his membership. :D

The Sam's employee checked their system, no others in their stores within a 150 mile radius - and I'm in a 2+MM metro area with quite a few Sam's. Very lucky to have snagged one.

Congrats on getting your hands on one BlueHand.:)

Upvote 0
Well after being fed up with waiting and all the uncertainty about when I would actually receive mine I went out this morning to our local Currys store and bought the 2nd to last one they had then just as I was paying someone else walked up and asked for one. Luckily for the store they had PC World next door where they seem to share stock as one guy who worked there said he was going next door to see if they had any left haha.

Upvote 0
i couldn't wait any longer for the Play delivery, so reserved one instore locally and have just got it home!

the wife will no doubt want one, so she can have the delivered one (whenever it comes!)

ooh it's preeeeeetty!

i just love the way it all so simply syncs with my Google account, knows all the apps i've installed on my phone, etc...

Congrats secretmachines.:party:

Reactions: secretmachines
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones