• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Image Resolution Issues

I've been obsessed with two issues as to the picture quality since the update to 2.2. 1)The resolution of the photo is reduced a lot compared to that on the 2.1, in particular when I try to send MMS the size is ridiculously automatically reduced to only less than 10 KBs or 15 sometimes. 2)the size of the image was approximately 3M on the highest resolution in the setup of Camera, Now it's only 150kbs even though I adjusted to the highest reslution in the camera setup.

The two issues have been brought into question in the forum and are not yet resolved.

I've noticed it as well.... What he means is the after FroYo images seem to be more compressed than before. Similar photos in similar lighting conditions are now smaller in filesize. I've not noticed much difference in quality myself so perhaps it just a better compression algorithm used now. But then again the pictures aren't amazing anyway, they are ok for a phone but HTC have historically lagged a bit with photo quality and at least now they seem to be making an effort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones