• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Market is a mess!

I've got 4 wireless routers if you count work etc. I'm the admin so I get to play with settings.

2 Netgear routers simply don't work with my Milestone. The phone reads connected, but I get the network error mentioned. In the router logs it always shows DHCP as successful, but then an unrecognized security protocal. Home wireless logs are not always very helpful. I've gone in and as many settings as I could find check boxes to click, and the only thing that works is if I set the router to OPEN security, which is unacceptable.

I have one DLink that was 2 years old and worked perfectly with the phone and all I had to do was add the mac address to the router and the passphrase to the phone.

I have a New Dlink dir 655 and it does the same as the netgear routers.

Whatever is going on with the Milestone and it's wireless abilities, it is simply not compatable all devices. To get around things, I've stuck a cheap Dlink on my home network. I only turn it on when I want to do market updates are large downloads to the phone. It is set to OPEN. When I'm done, I turn off the radio.

I'm hoping the official Froyo upgrade will when it comes in Q1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones