• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official Sprint News Thread

Seddy

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
at home...
Since theres always some type of outage/information that our customers may not know, I decided to create this thread just to keep you guys updated on any further outages/news that can impact our customers.

This will be similar to the Voice Outage Thread, except this thread will include more than outages. If a mod decides, they can merge the outage thread with this one but I do feel that this thread should be stickied at the top as it will be a great resource for Sprint Customers to find out things about whats going on with the company, the network, the towers, the updates, etc.

With that said, let me start by passing the latest outage news I received prior to clocking into work today....

As of 7:20am, Sprint is experiencing a temporary outage with the Digital Lounge. Unfortunately the Digital Lounge works in part with Sprint ID, so any phones that require set up of Sprint ID (Samsung Transform, Sanyo Vio) will experience activation problems. If you planned on going to your local Sprint retailer to purchase one of these devices, you might want to wait until the outage is cleared. I'll post a reply once we get the all clear message.

We also dont know if the outage is affecting all phones, but I just received 2 calls from store reps having issues with activating the devices.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones