1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

The Problem with Android phones

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by StDevious, Dec 23, 2009.

1. StDevious

StDevious Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    The problem with the best android phone, the droid and the upcoming nexus is that the screens are not wide enough. which makes using them in landscape mode a pain. Also in portrait mode, the keyboard is cramped. See the android keyboard and the one on Hero. Hero looks to be wider than the droid, thereby accommodates a wider keyboard.

Looking at the image comparison of iphone vs droid and nexus you will see what i mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hero looks slightly better, which allows for that excellent keyboard with well spaced keys in portrait mode.

[​IMG]

I think manufacturers need to make the droids a bit wider to allow better usage in landscape mode.

Advertisement

2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    :)[​IMG] +1 Insightful

...but then I'm an old geezer who doesn't like his laptop's widescreen display, either. :rolleyes:

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Hmm... I've never noticed the width of the screen to be a problem. Looks fine and both of the keyboards are easy to use. I type in portrait mode all of the time and the keyboard is plenty fast and usable. This seems kind of nitpicky.

4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

...And stay off his lawn! :p

5. X-Ter

X-Ter Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I've used the iPhone keyboard and its excellent. I have a Hero and while its keyboard is good, the iPhone beats it. I've also noticed the width of the screen and its definitely a factor.

6. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Code monkey
    Seconded. People would still complain about the sofboard (tm hahaha) even if the screen was another mm wider.

edit: before someone barks at me saying "its blah blah blah dimensions" I did a butt pull on the "mm". Too lazy to actually check. I'm sure someone will still correct me though :)

7. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    South Florida
    I love my Droid, but the I do miss the width of the iPhone's screen...it made typing and navigating just a shade or two easier.