• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Selfie King

Tetelasti

Apr 21, 2014
Now im not a selfie taker, but i must say that this phone is very impressive when you want to take a selfie.

First off is the fact that it has a 2.1 Mega pixel front facing camera. With the increased size of the image sensor and lowering lens f-stop to f2.0 this means more light gets into the sensor and better photos can be taken in lower-light conditions.

In a dark room or lowlight settings? No problem, illuminate yourself with the Selfie flash See below (Excuse my face). This feature actually will illuminate the screen around the edges to focus the light on your face but without the bright blinding light of a LED flash.

The other really cool selfie portion of this phone is Gesture shot. This feature allows you to take a picture by closing your fist in front of the screen. This is great because there is no more having your arm in the picture, or needing a mirror, or having that awkward pose because your trying to reach the shutter button. Here is how is works.

Just hold your hand up in front of the screen, when the blue box is around your hand make a fist. There will be a 3 second timer, pose, and enjoy your amazing selfie

These 3 things alone make the G3 front facing camera the Selfie king!

For more great reviews on the G3 and more be sure to follow me here!

Reactions: freon600a

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones