• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for Gingerbread 2.3.3.4.5.588 Latest Leak

Thank you for your response bouchigo! If you are referring to the step of uninstalling market updates before installing the theme, I did do that and double checked afterwards to make sure. The uninstall updates option was not there the second time. I did run your deodex file prior to install. I am using the 4.5.588 leak.

That's strange then, the last couple of days I have restored my backup about 4-5 times, and have followed that procedure every single time, and every single time it has worked.

Maybe it was just a fluke on your setup; no one else has mentioned this, unless they are just keeping quiet about it ;)

EDIT:
Once your market starts force closing, basically the only way to fix it that I have seen is by restoring your backup and starting over.

Try changing your permissions to this using root explorer (courtesy of 00.ante):

Scroll to the bottom of this post if changing permissions does not work.

sc20110304112657.png

Apply through clockwork:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2jl5su9b6hdbmm8

I used 00.ante's updater script with my modded Vending.apk. What it does is remove any updates and deletes the current market, clears dalvik cache, and then installs the most current market.

Reactions: TVC430
Upvote 0
Thank you Bouchigo! I have restored back to stock deodex. Will reinstall and try changing permissions. I will let you know what I find out.

Just a warning, if you go into "force close" heaven, then apply the deodex file again. I've done this before, where I restore a deodexed back up, but for some reason I have to deodex again or all kind of of force close issues occur.

Upvote 0
@ bouchigo

Hey bro, I have one more issue. Guess what? It's in your favorite area....CONTACTS!

When I select a contact to call that has multiple numbers the posted menu appears. Will you take care of that for us bro?

I commend you on this theme and support that you have provided. Good job.

Attachments

• CAP201104212204.JPG
    CAP201104212204.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
@ bouchigo

Hey bro, I have one more issue. Guess what? It's in your favorite area....CONTACTS!

When I select a contact to call that has multiple numbers the posted menu appears. Will you take care of that for us bro?

I commend you on this theme and support that you have provided. Good job.

Damn you!!! Stop finding issues.......lol :p ;) :D

I'll check it out later, I'm not at home now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how do I get back to the stock gingerbread theme? I want to give this theme a try, but I actually like the blue theme and may want to switch back, and I'd rather not have to flash a nandroid to do it.

Apply the deodex zip again, then apply the theme.

I think I found another little glitch with the keyboard when you type a word it doesn't understand and the auto-correct kicks in, after about 3 characters, your word disappears in that left most part (black on black) issue I'm guessing. Hope that makes sense.

I don't see what you are talking about, give an example or better yet take a screenshot.

Upvote 0
I understand. I just want to know how to get back the stock theme if I want. I like it, but I want to give yours a try as well. I just don't want to have to flash a nandroid to get back to the stock theme.

The deodex zip file will get you back to stock because all the apks and framework and such are stock files....well, the ones in my deodex anyway, I'm not sure about the others.

Reactions: Chemist Errant
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones