• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Gummy_WaterMark for GummyJar

Ok, tried this theme (very first theme I've tried, wihoo!!!), and I think I like the minimilist look of GummyJAR without a theme better personally. So my question is, can you remove just the theme? I made a nandroid of 2.5 just before applying the theme, so I can flash that no problem. But I've gone through and updated a bunch of my apps and other things, so I'd like to just remove the theme if that's possible.

If not, it won't kill me to reupdate those apps I suppose. ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, tried this theme (very first theme I've tried, wihoo!!!), and I think I like the minimilist look of GummyJAR without a theme better personally. So my question is, can you remove just the theme? I made a nandroid of 2.5 just before applying the theme, so I can flash that no problem. But I've gone through and updated a bunch of my apps and other things, so I'd like to just remove the theme if that's possible.

If not, it won't kill me to reupdate those apps I suppose. ;)

Are you talking about the Gingerbread theme that comes with Gummy or are you talking about a plain AOSP look? Because there is a Black AOSP theme for Gummy that I really like that you could flash over the Watermark theme. If you want the Gingerbread theme you might just have to go back to your nandroid again.

Upvote 0
I think it was the gingerbread theme... but throw up the black theme if you would and I'll try it first and see if I like it.

The minimalist look I'm talking about is the icons in the status bar. They're a little too fancy for my tastes. However I really like the updated icons in the app drawer. Too bad I can't just replace the status bar icons.

Upvote 0
I think it was the gingerbread theme... but throw up the black theme if you would and I'll try it first and see if I like it.

The minimalist look I'm talking about is the icons in the status bar. They're a little too fancy for my tastes. However I really like the updated icons in the app drawer. Too bad I can't just replace the status bar icons.

I like them but I'm ready for another change too. I'm going to go back to the Black AOSP look, I will post that up later tonight.

Upvote 0

If you want the gingerbread theme, you'll just have to flash the rom again. I *think* that you could just do it with a cache wipe and not a data wipe, so you would still have your setup. Don't hold me to it though :D

Upvote 0
I have literally nothing to do with any of the themes I've posted, they are all themes that were ported to GummyJAR by mikeyinid, who in turn took themes from other themers and other roms. You should definitely donate to those themers if you want to show your support :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones