• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Honeybread for ApeX 1.4 (Updated 3/2/11)

I really like this ROM (Apex) as well as the theme (honeybread). You have all done a great job.

I looked through the forums and did not see anyone mention this:

when playing Pandora, I do not get the music controls on the lockscreen. Is this not coded into the ROM or do I have some settings wrong? The music player lockscreen controls are there, just not Pandora.

yeah, the lock screen music controls only worked for the stock music player on apex. so your settings are right, its just the coding in apex.

Upvote 0
did you change the font? cause I know the theme by itself works right, but if youve changed the font to something else or made other changes thats what could have caused it

no i didnt change the font. i dont even know how. i just installed it through the whole bootsrap process but the font color is black and not white like its supposed to be. i dont know how to fix this

Upvote 0
no it was black before, because the stock notification bar on my droid x is white. i assumed the font should change to white when i installed apex

yes, when you installed apex it should have gone to a black notification bar with white time and stuff up top
if it didnt then something went wrong in the install of apex it sounds like

Upvote 0
i tried the restore and re-install and it still didnt work....any other suggestions?

ok so at this point you have stock apex on your phone and still have a black status bar with black clock/date?
only other thing I could think is if there was something wrong with the apex you downloaded. maybe try downloading it again...
heres a link Fabolous_ApeX_V1_4_1.zip

this is apex 1.4.1 for the droid X on system version 2.3.340 (double check to make sure your on the right thing)

if thats still giving you a black status bar with black time/date then I would try contacting Fab maybe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones