• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

there is a new update for the connect - MS840ZVA from the LG mobile tools

The update is stating MS840ZVA

So has anyone tried this update yet? to see what changes has been done or if it fixes the heat issues?

I tried the update. When it completed the bloatware I had removed was back on the phone and it removed "root". However, I was able to "root" again and remove bloatware.

The bug with the weather widget in regards to DST is still there.

Another bug is when I have wifi turned on and it is connected, the 4G icon still displays on the phone. However, the data connection used is the wifi one. i removed MetroPCS Easy Wifi.

I never had an overheat problem with my phone with stock or 3rd party batteries. So, I don't know if the issue is fixed.

However, the update contains an updated baseband dated April 15, 2012. It is labeled as SW_VER 1. The improved baseband should help out the LTE radio consumption of power.

Kernel Version:
2.6.35.11-perf lge@andrioid-build #1

Build number:
GRK39F

SW version:
MS840ZVA

HW version:
Rev.1.0

Reactions: pcflip
Upvote 0
How do I update. I googled ms840vza and this page was the only thing that came up.

if you dont have the lg update tool on you rpc do this download anycut from the market open it up and create new shortcut find mobile care and select it and add shortcut , open that and ask it to check for update and it will do it , but they sent it to my phone via ota i froze the mobile care app to stop it from updating by its self

Reactions: airtioteclint
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones