• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thinking about going to the Inc

ballisticn8

Android Expert
Mar 15, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all, not new to Android or to root or even to custom ROMS.

I started out with my OG Droid, rooted it the first day I had it. I've run almost everything that came out for it.

I know how to use Titanium, ROM Manager, etc, recovery, etc.

I've been on a Droid X for about 3 months now, and while I like the phone, the bootloader deal just pisses me off so I'm thinking about trading to the Incredible

The Inc looks like it comes with 8 gigs of internal storage. Can this storage be utilized for media, more specifically music? The DX can only utilize its internal storage for apps, where am I going to find 8 gigs worth of apps?

How is Sense? I'm curious to give it a run through (more specifically the newer Sense 2.0) and what are some good, stable, and quick Sense roms that people would recommend as a daily driver? I'll probably end up flashing over to CM7 once its out of RC status or MIUI if some of the bugs that were in it have been fixed if I dont like Sense that much.

How is the Incredible's camera? I carry a DLSR with me most places but in the instances I dont have it my Droid X takes some pretty nice pictures, esp the stock widescreen camera apk that is included in the Blur rom from Moto.

What cases and accessories would be most recommended? I've used an Otterbox commuter (think thats it) for my DX and its been wonderful. Any good extended batteries that fit inside the stock casing?

Swype... I've had beta access for my D1 but havent had to use it for the DX as Swype is pre-installed. I probably will not switch if I cant have Swype on the Inc...

Whats better, the AMOLED screen or the newer slcd, ie: battery consumption, brightness, color, etc?

Just looking for a couple of answers to help me decide whether or not I want to switch. Thank you all for any helpful answers you can give to convince me to come over to HTC.

If I wasn't replying from my phone I'd give you a detailed reply, but all your questions are answered on this forum somewhere. The incredible is a great phone and you won't regret it.

Swype does work, there are pros and cons to both screens, 6.6gb for music, pictures, etc. 784MB or so for apps. Can hold a 32GB sd card. Camera is good in good lighting situations, flash works OK in, low light.

www.theincrediblelist.com

Upvote 0
I debated between these two phones quite heavily before ultimately picking the Incredible because of Sense. Sense has been great, I've tried CM7 and other vanilla roms and always go back to Sense Roms because of vanilla's horrible dialer and contact system. Of course if you are on the DX, you are used to this. Honestly, if I liked Vanilla more than Sense, I would probably go with the DX because of the screen size and battery life. Those are the only two things I wish the Incredible had: better battery life and a 4.3" screen. Do keep in mind though that a higher capacity battery can be purchased for $40 or so and it is the SAME size as the stock battery. Camera on the Incredible is good, not sure how it stacks up with DX, but a little research could find the answer. Really it comes down to Sense. If you like Sense better, its worth having the Dinc, but if you can do without it, why not stick with a bigger screen and better battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones