• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root thinking about root

Upvote 0
I usually boot into recovery, clear cache/reset, then reload stock/rooted backup for OTA. No reason to unroot so far, but maybe next time. Seems people that were rooted and got the early wave of updates (me) had no problem re-rooting (10 seconds), while late comers that were rooted had a lot of trouble. I don't know if people that rooted for the first time AFTER the OTA had better luck or not.

Upvote 0
So all of the sudden my phone has started giving me all my text messages twice. Like ill receive a text then 2 seconds later ill receive the same text it doesn't matter who sends the message it always happens I use handcent sms so iv already completely uninstalled and reinstalled it that didn't solve my problem.

The stock message app isn't having the same problem.
Has anyone ever expierianced this? Do you think it has anything to do with my root or apex?

Thanks so much guys! Merry Christmas eve!!

Upvote 0
Went through my first brick yesterday was installing TranQ got finished up went to reboot and got stuck at the bootscreen so had to do an sbf it really wasn't that hard to get everything back up and running but man was it a scary experience lol. I do still want to try out TranQ can anyone point me in the direction of some install instructions? Normally they are in the thread where the ROM is announced but I can't seem to find any..

Luckster - good luck its really an adventure getting in to rooting and ROMs but its a hell of a lotta fun just make sure you backup before doing anything whether it be installing a new ROM or a new theme whatever it may be just makesure you have backups in place and if you have any questions just ask these guys here will help I have been on alot of different forums and have never found one that is as noob friendly as this place

Thanks so much to everyone who has been and continues to be apart of this thread im putting together a little something to give back to this community I should be done with it end of this week or beginning of next week.

Upvote 0
So I did a fresh install of apex today as well as a fresh nextheme and my double text problem is back (note; problem wasn't present until installing nextheme apex alone does not produce this problem) both messages come via handcent sms anyone else ever experiance this? Any ideas on how to fix it? I really enjoy nextheme but this would most definately be a deal braker!

Upvote 0
So I did a fresh install of apex today as well as a fresh nextheme and my double text problem is back (note; problem wasn't present until installing nextheme apex alone does not produce this problem) both messages come via handcent sms anyone else ever experiance this? Any ideas on how to fix it? I really enjoy nextheme but this would most definately be a deal braker!

I think the theme must have a themed text app. (I have the same problem but don't text much.) Just go into applications and uninstall the one you don't want (or freeze one with Titanium Backup).

Upvote 0
Alright guys so iv got a new one for you lol.. I tryed to install tranquility again and once again I got stuck at the boot screen (wtf am I doing wrong lol) after a few battery pulls I got it to load up but my keyboard kept force closing so a few battery pulls later I get it to load up and now my keyboard works but when the lock screen is displayed the unlock and sound slides don't show up but if you slide your finger where the unlock slide should be it will unlock the phone

So I attempted to install bootstrapper and the phone just shuts down during install same goes for any app I attempt to install. Any ideas what's wrong guys? Do you think there's anyway to fix it without sbf'ing?

On an up note I really am diggin tranQ (well the parts I can use) I would really like to keep it any idea on what I might be doing wrong with the install that is giving me all this trouble?

Thanks guys for all your help I know that I must be getting annoying lol

Upvote 0
I think the theme must have a themed text app. (I have the same problem but don't text much.) Just go into applications and uninstall the one you don't want (or freeze one with Titanium Backup).

Thank you sir that did fix the problem I donkey know why it didn't click with me the last time you suggested it lol I appologize.

Upvote 0
The boot screen can be in one of two places. If you see a file called "bootanimation.zip" in /data/local, deleting it will get rid of the animation. There is another area where you'd have to replace it with the stock animation, if that's what you wanted, but any animation you place in /data/local supersedes the other.

You can use a program like Root Explorer to copy/move/delete/rename files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones