• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This always had confused me..

sycron

Jan 20, 2010
This may be the most idiotic question ever asked, but i'm going to ask it because I need to know.

The Moto Droid and the Nexus One have the same.. Icons.. The messaging and camera, also the browser are the same icons. However; when you look at the Droid X or Droid Incredible, the icons are different.

Is this because of the skins overlay of the android OS? Because to me, the original icons look a lot more stylish :)

Another sub question, because the Droid X is running a form of Blur, and if you can "turn it off" will the icons be the same, or will it change to the Moto Droid styled ones? And will the text message application be the same as the Moto Droid and the Nexus one? I absolutely loved the layout of my old Moto Droid, before it was run over... :(

Thanks for your help :)

Another sub question, because the Droid X is running a form of Blur, and if you can "turn it off" will the icons be the same, or will it change to the Moto Droid styled ones? And will the text message application be the same as the Moto Droid and the Nexus one? I absolutely loved the layout of my old Moto Droid, before it was run over... :(

Thanks for your help :)

From what I've read about the new MotoBlur on the X, it is mainly pushed to the background. Basically it provides you with a set of Moto widgets and apps. I don't think they mess with the sms app so you're good there. Check my post above for the answer to your question about the icons.

Upvote 0
From what I've read about the new MotoBlur on the X, it is mainly pushed to the background. Basically it provides you with a set of Moto widgets and apps. I don't think they mess with the sms app so you're good there. Check my post above for the answer to your question about the icons.

One one of the other forums I read, there's a guy that I assume works for Motorola and he's been pretty open to questions regarding the Droid X he's been testing. I specifically asked if MotoBlur could be completely disabled and he said no. He said the new MotoBlur is really nice but I think a lot of people will be disappointed (myself included) in thinking they can return back stock Android on the Droid X.

Guess we'll see soon enough whatever the case is. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones