• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This (doesn't) suck(s)

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I recently purchased a Dirt Devil Reach vacuum. It makes noise and puts out some heat, but where's the suction? Also, some of the tools are apparently missing. This may or may not have anything to do with the damaged box. I suppose I should send it back to Chewy but as those who have been on here for a while surely know, I don't need any more hassles. Is there any way I could at least make it (not) suck on my own?

You bought it from Chewy.com? I LOVE Chewy!! They actually sent me flowers and a sympathy card last year when one of my cats died. No company has ever done that before (other than my veterinarians). Anyway.... They have STELLAR customer service. Just call them and tell them the box was damaged, some parts are missing, and the vacuum doesn't work right. Any problem I've ever had--like a damaged item--they've rectified immediately, even shipping the replacement overnight.

Upvote 0
Damaged box?
Was it a return? Did it look dirty on the inside?
Make sure that the filter is clean.
Sometimes, there's a separate setting to vacuum the floors and a different one for using attachments. Check the owners manual.

Also, as Moody Blues said, Chewy has great customer service, so a big plus one on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The good news is I finally got it to work. The bad news is that the handle doesn't lock in properly and keeps coming loose, and I can't get the magic wand or whatever it's called to do its thing. When I try it doesn't pick up anything. I guess there's some way to switch from regular to that, but I don't know how. I would like to take care of both those problems and keep the vac. I also would like to have the missing tools sent.

Upvote 0
The good news is I finally got it to work. The bad news is that the handle doesn't lock in properly and keeps coming loose, and I can't get the magic wand or whatever it's called to do its thing. When I try it doesn't pick up anything. I guess there's some way to switch from regular to that, but I don't know how. I would like to take care of both those problems and keep the vac. I also would like to have the missing tools sent.
I told you earlier how to FIX this problem: CALL CHEWY! They will [probably] overnight you a new, undamaged product. That's what they've done for me.

If you instead WANT to keep a defective, damaged, partially missing product, so be it. I wouldn't, but it's your choice.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
Yep and if you were home when the package was delivered you probably should have refused it due to visible damage, then it's the shipper's problem not yours.
That's what happened with my pedestal sink. My helper answered the door, and the FedEx driver actually pointed out to her that it sounded like broken glass(?) in the box; he showed her a damaged area and recommended just refusing it as damaged. That's what we did, then received a nice new replacement.

Also curious- why Chewy for a vacuum?
That's what I'd like to know! I've been a loyal Chewy customer for years now, with monthly auto-ships, but I had no idea they sold vacuum cleaners! :thinking:

Upvote 0
That's what happened with my pedestal sink. My helper answered the door, and the FedEx driver actually pointed out to her that it sounded like broken glass(?) in the box; he showed her a damaged area and recommended just refusing it as damaged. That's what we did, then received a nice new replacement.

That's what I'd like to know! I've been a loyal Chewy customer for years now, with monthly auto-ships, but I had no idea they sold vacuum cleaners! :thinking:
https://www.chewy.com/b/vacuums-ste...t vacuums & steam cleaners&ref=searchRedirect

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones