• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thunderbolt and the SiriusXM app?

pirahna

Nov 14, 2009
Anyone else having a problem staying connected to Sirius with thier thunderbolt?

I never had a problem on my Droid X but my thunderbolt wont stay connected over 3g for more than 5-10 min before it wont connect anymore and just keeps searching. It can't be a signal problem because I have been listening to it in the same spot since the app came out on my DX.

It's your data connection.

I've found that even if I am in a strong 4g zone if I don't change the data connection to full time LTE only.. it will bump to another network e.g. CDMA or EVDO even for a split second.... and during this time data drops. This is the known transition issue that the supposed OTA update is going to fix.

To remedy this problem dl the LTE OnOff app, if you haven't already, and change from LTE CDMA EVDo to just LTE 4g or CDMA auto (prl) 3g. This will force the bolt to not "scan" or transition automatically to look for another network giving you a solid data 3g or 4g stream.

See if that works.

Reactions: pirahna
Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue with Iheartradio!!! I start it up to listen to dc101 and it will only last about 10 minutes before the connection has failed (no wireless signal detected msg). It all started right after the 4G data outage. Before the outage, it worked flawlessly for as long as I wanted to listen. I also have turned off 4G LTE when I got my phone since I don't get 4G where I live so it's only 3G on my phone. It's really annoying!!

Upvote 0
hmmmm, might have to give iheart a try again, it was horrible on the incredible, i just assumed it was just as bad on the bolt. Besides sirius, i use pandora alot and tunein for other radio stations.

But to stay on topic, yes ive had the same issue with the sirius losing connection, i believe the other poster is right about losing the data connection, but its not only on the bolt, this happens on most phones including the iphone. I think they seriously need to update the app itself, as long as ive had it they havent worked on puting an update out for it and several complaint emails have gone unanswered to them. Its like they could care less. Stern promoted the hell out of it to get people to use it and it doesnt work properly and nothing is being done about it.

And on top of that your paying for the service for the app.

Upvote 0
This app sucks. I was using it in the gym tonite and I could not get through one entire song before the data connection was lost and would not restart. I turned off 4g using LTE Onoff and it still would drop the signal in less than a minute. VERY FRUSTRATING

I dont like Pandora, any other music apps I could try?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones