• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thunderbolt ROMs

vwlove09

Lurker
Feb 8, 2011
First of all let me say I am very grateful for all the development for Thunderbolt. I changed phones a lot before I even knew it was possible to change a ROM on a phone but my changing phones hasn't slowed down any since. Seems to me that there is not a big variety for the Thunderbolt plus I really want MIUI. I really feel the need to get a new phone right now I'm tempted to get the EVO3D because I know the ROM selection will be endless. I had the original EVO since launch day until the Thunderbolt came out. On the other hand, Verizon LTE is fast as hell and now that they're changing the rates, I feel like I'm getting a deal by having unlimited for $30 for as long as I keep them.

What would you do?

what he said ^

there are quite a few roms available for the TB,IMO... especially considering its the first vz 4g phone,and how early things are in developement. there are 2 good AOSP roms now(cm7 and OMFGB) with decent working RIL,so id be willing to bet working MIUI is right around the corner if youre patient. admittedly i dont care for MIUI,so i havent been following that thread. id check the last few pages and see what theyre saying about it.

[ROM] [WIP] TheMIUIrom V4 [RIL IN PROGRESS]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones