• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup - fail?

Slugdoc

Nov 15, 2009
The Bronx
Titanium Backup is acting weird.

Here's the story:

Was on E.E. 3.0. Wanted to try XTR.
Backed up all apps to Titanium backup. Successful.
Made a NAND backup. Successful.

Wiped, flashed XTR. Successful.
Downloaded Titanium Backup again from Market and opened it. Initially, did not show my apps in the backup folder, although the Overview screen did show that the sd card was identified, and the folder was named correctly.

Restarted Titanium Backup, all the apps then showed up, and I was able to (slowly - free version) reinstall all the apps. SUCCESS.
Ran XTR for a few days, added some more apps, made new backup of all the apps with Titanium Backup.

BUT! TOday, I had a problem with XTR. Some account hung on syncing, started to drain the battery, and wouldn't allow me to open the accounts & sync pref panel - kept FC that panel.

So, I decided to revert to my NAND backup of EE3. That went fine, all good.
But when I opened Titanium backup to load the new apps from the past few days, TItanium said no apps were backed up! Everything looks correct, except the backup/restore tab shows only the apps on the phone (from the nand backup) but not the apps that are on the card in the backup folder.

SO how do I restore them. Is titanium acting wrongly, or am I not understanding how it works?

Please enlighten me.

I haven't used Titanium Backup yet because I've only used one ROM so far (Aloysius). I'm thinking about flashing a new ROM (Sense-able 3.1).

When I do a NAND backup before wiping, will it remember the apps I have for the Aloysius ROM? I realize they won't carry over to the newly flashed ROM (thus Titanium), but will they be there if I decide to go back to Aloysius after flashing Sense-able?

Upvote 0
I haven't used Titanium Backup yet because I've only used one ROM so far (Aloysius). I'm thinking about flashing a new ROM (Sense-able 3.1).

When I do a NAND backup before wiping, will it remember the apps I have for the Aloysius ROM? I realize they won't carry over to the newly flashed ROM (thus Titanium), but will they be there if I decide to go back to Aloysius after flashing Sense-able?

Yes, a NAND backup will remember everything, your apps, data, everything. When you restore, it will be just the way it was before.

Reactions: Bswartz95
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones