• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Titanium Backup Guide for idiots please

cgfw201

Jul 25, 2012
Hi
Posted in the sticky at the top yesterday but nobody's got back to me...

I rooted my S3 the other day in order to upgrade from ICS to JB on my UK TMobile phone.

I've successfully got the official samsung 4.1.2 on my phone and everything works pretty well but not as well as it could do. Games in particular are a bit stuttery.

I've got Titanium Backup on my phone now, but can't find a decent guide as to how to use it online. By that I mean theres a million different things on the internet, each slightly different.

I'm happy to do a factory reset, just need some assistance in how to use Titanium backup to make sure I don't lose any saved games, messages or info.
thanks

1. Open TiB
2. Menu>Preferences
3. Set backup folder location to the external SD card so in case you also format internal storage you do not lose backups.
4. Get out of settings in the top right-hand conrner hit the check mark icon.
5. Hit Run next to Backup all users apps.

Now you have all your apps and data saved. You can do a hard reset. After that, install TiB.

6. Perform steps 1-3. It will automatically detect the folder you put your backups into.
7. Hit the check mark icon again.
8. Hit Run next to Restore missing apps with data.

Done.

Upvote 0
This is in the International rooted forum, but should apply to all carrier specific models too...it's generic advice: http://androidforums.com/internatio...t/669118-info-my-backup-restore-routines.html

I used Titanium Backup for user apps, and SMS+ for my SMS. Also made a Nandroid backup via recovery, and backed up EFS using kTool, courtesy of Shotgun's advice. All worked absolutely fine - haven't needed to use the Nandroid or EFS backups yet though, thankfully!

Edit: Szadzik - does that cover SMS, out of interest?

Upvote 0
1. Open TiB
2. Menu>Preferences
3. Set backup folder location to the external SD card so in case you also format internal storage you do not lose backups.
4. Get out of settings in the top right-hand conrner hit the check mark icon.
5. Hit Run next to Backup all users apps.

Now you have all your apps and data saved. You can do a hard reset. After that, install TiB.

6. Perform steps 1-3. It will automatically detect the folder you put your backups into.
7. Hit the check mark icon again.
8. Hit Run next to Restore missing apps with data.

Done.

Nice one thanks. Now going to find the nearest tube station with wifi and do it as it will take about 3 days to download 2gb of apps with my home wifi connection!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones