• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tmobile carrier wakelock note 2

Ok so apparently on wakelock detector this is causing my phone to wakelock 273 times... now im not sure what it is, would anyone know? And perhaps know how to take it off?? Thanks in in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-09-12-58-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-09-12-58-28.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 73
Hmm, I can't seem to find that on my Tmo N2 but even if I did I don't think you could disable it. What version are you currently on?

You could try the following:

-A simple reset does wonders at times

-Find that program under application manager, force stop it and clear the cache while there. I don't think you'll be able to disable it. After doing so, monitor the phone but remember that if your going to perform a soft reset, do so before performing this second suggestion.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I can't seem to find that on my Tmo N2 but even if I did I don't think you could disable it. What version are you currently on?

You could try the following:

-A simple reset does wonders at times

-Find that program under application manager, force stop it and clear the cache while there. I don't think you'll be able to disable it. After doing so, monitor the phone but remember that if your going to perform a soft reset, do so before performing this second suggestion.

Well upon inspection via backup and reset. I did find what the problem was. Apparently I checked a box to collect data for diagnostic purposes.... very weird, but im not completely sure if it fixed the problem just yet , only the counter has stopped from 587. If for any reason another person has this same problem, only on tmobile apparently just go to back up and reset and uncheck the diagnostics collection shown here. I might do a factory reset soon but does the note to automatically restore everything like the nexus 4 does? Such as apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-11-18-10-01.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-11-18-10-01.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
So it looks like that did the trick for the most part. im still getting some wakelocks from Media server and from google search and maps. but theyre not as bad as the diagnostic collections that was sucking my battery away.

I also did alot of disabling of samsung and tmobile apps. As i never use them and that helps alot too. because those too can cause wakelocks even if your not using them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones