• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] Possible to run stock Android on Galaxy S5?

Skyace888

Lurker
Oct 2, 2011
Hi all,

I just got a Galaxy S5 phone and it has quite a bit of "junk" and customization on it. Coming from mostly Nexus phones with stock Android it is quite different. I would like to know if it is possible to run stock Android on my T-Mobile Galaxy S5. I have read about rooting the device but it is not clear to me if that will let me run stock Android.

Maybe this question has been answered already but I can't seem to find it.

Hi all,

I just got a Galaxy S5 phone and it has quite a bit of "junk" and customization on it. Coming from mostly Nexus phones with stock Android it is quite different. I would like to know if it is possible to run stock Android on my T-Mobile Galaxy S5. I have read about rooting the device but it is not clear to me if that will let me run stock Android.

Maybe this question has been answered already but I can't seem to find it.

Here it is on the S4.

Samsung Galaxy S4 CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat - Review - YouTube

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sprint custom debloated, deoxed, tweaked, tgere are also custom kernels I currently rom the nd2 version. All samsung feature work. Download nova launcher after installing rom

[ROM]4.4.2 - Rooted, Odexed/DeOdexed, De-Knoxed, Tweaked Stock NCB/ND2 5/1 - xda-developers

Xtremely debloated, this version is as close to vanilla android 4.4.2 you can get and still have finger print scanner to work.... still has touchwiz launcher so again so download nova from play store, or as listed above, kitkat launcher.... google now launcher is also nice

[ROM][G900F/I/T/M/W8][7MAY] XtreStoLite v.1.0.4 [Extremely Debloated | The Lightest & Smoothest TW Rom | AROMA Add-on Package | ART Compatible] [540 MB] - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones