• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help To dinc or not to dinc! All opinions welcome!

I have had my dinc for over two years and my contract expired in May 2012! I have loved this phone from the beginning!
Problem
is while I was at Sam's Club I accidently dropped my phone and it exploded all over the cement floor!
The result has been I do not have any screen at all. Took it to Geek Squad inside Best Buy and was told, as near as they could tell all I lost was the screen." Since my phone contract expired, G.S. said they cannot send it in to be fixed/swapped. Sent me over to mobile phone department to find out if I could upgrade over to a new dinc because I didn't want to change anything as I have too many things changing in my life right now! Was told I could upgrade over to the Incredible 2 as the original is no longer available and I would loose my unlimited data plan, another change:(! Went back to G.S. because that guy seemed genuinely interested or at least he pretended well enough for me to believe so! He suggested I get online and find a dinc new and do a transfer, no harm/no foul! Great Idea! Why am I not smiling? All my passwords to every account I own are on my old phone. I need them yesterday.
Question (1)Does anyone see anything I may not have considered as far as acquiring a new dinc and just transferring info and/or will I be no worse off to accept the new Incredible 2, transfer the data over and have no more warranty issues?
Question (2)Is there a way to connect my phone to an external monitor? I need my passwords and I have many important text messages from my estranged husband where he made some really poor choices and ran off with another woman on our son and I.! I would not be happy about that stuff going away!

Question (3)Is there someone reputable that I may be able to acquire the new dinc if that is determined to be an acceptable resolution to my problem?

Really sorry this is so long and it is a little scary right now as I lost the guy who normally was fairly well educated in this arena!

Thank you to all who are able to assist me!

top.gif

Diana

If its only the screen that is broke, it can be be replaced:
HTC Incredible Droid Screen Repair Take Apart Guide

The phone can be hooked up to a tv using the tv out cables, BUT it wouldn't work for you because it needs to be turned on and from what I recall the phone doesn't support full mirroring. (might be worth a shot though, the cables are relatively cheap)

You can pretty much find any used phone on ebay(including the Incredible). If you buy any phone outright, you do not have to change your contract, therefore you don't lose unlimited data. We also have a classified section here on androidforums.
http://androidforums.com/classifieds/
Just be careful when buying any used phone. There are scammers out there trying to commit fraud by selling you stolen phones with bad ESNs/MEIDs(phones that can not be activated).

Upvote 0
How will I check to insure I am not buying one of those stolen phones with bad ESNs/MEIDs(phones that can not be activated?) My Geek Squad coverage on my old incredible has lapsed or rather the two year contract expired 5/2012. Will I be able to purchase warranty with Geek Squad on the new incredible? I am a bit confused about whether I will be able to create another contract with them if I get a new but same incredible?
I am a bit disturbed that they have continued to charge me every month for my coverage even though it has expired and unavailable to me! I don't want to ruffle any feathers!

Thank you to everyone!

Diana

Thanks, Diana

Upvote 0
Reactions: difinka2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones