• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Keep the Thrill or To Not Keep the Thrill

WickR1

Nov 29, 2011
So Costco has the Skyrocket for $149 right now and I'm seriously debating returning the Thrill and getting the Skyrocket. Someone talk me out of it. I just have a feeling that the support for the Skyrocket will be better than what we get from LG. This update that's "supposed" to be coming is getting old.

Honest the Thrill is a great device but I came to a conclusion that it doesn't matter what device u have on at&t you'll get it last. With that being said I'm just waiting for an announcement on Galaxy Nexus on at&t. Ill be sticking with a Google phone from here on.

As for ROM support your better off with the skyrocket.

Upvote 0
Jay C, i noticed on engadget you where upset that at&t doesnt sponser anything and that is dumb they didnt get the nba but sprint did and verizon has the nfl but in fact at&t has a lot of other investments and sponserships like for instance at&t always sponsers the olympics and thats a big event, almost as big as the world cup. My thing is dont let the hype deter you from your carrier of choice. Every US carrier sucks with android firmware updates. People with verizob conplain, people with sprint complain, people with tmobile complain. Dont put full blame on at&t. I used to work for them and they r the most fair when it comes to policies and procedures. They r getting very agressive on the android front and im sure we will see some major changes very soon

Upvote 0
Jay C, i noticed on engadget you where upset that at&t doesnt sponser anything and that is dumb they didnt get the nba but sprint did and verizon has the nfl but in fact at&t has a lot of other investments and sponserships like for instance at&t always sponsers the olympics and thats a big event, almost as big as the world cup. My thing is dont let the hype deter you from your carrier of choice. Every US carrier sucks with android firmware updates. People with verizob conplain, people with sprint complain, people with tmobile complain. Dont put full blame on at&t. I used to work for them and they r the most fair when it comes to policies and procedures. They r getting very agressive on the android front and im sure we will see some major changes very soon

I do see at&t getting better with android devices but I'm done with any android phone besides a nexus. At&t has the slowest rate at updating their devices. Look at the Captivate. Still no gingerbread for that device. As for sports and them sponsoring. I would like to see them be more aggressive into trying to fulfil an American sport.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm doing it. I went in last night to AT&T (which has been awesome through this whole ordeal with Costco that I don't care to get into) to switch the Thrill for the Skyrocket. They only had the white, so I'm just going to wait for their next shipment of black Skyrockets. Bye bye LG.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones