• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Note or not to Note there lies the question

James4455

Apr 12, 2012
I become eligible to upgrade on the first of May. I was thinking of getting the Samsung Note because of the screen. Handling it in the stores has shown me that the size is comfortable in my hands, the screen is sharp and I think I could get used to the 'Droid OS. I've had every version of the iPhone and I don't have any major complaints with the iOS. I was ready to go with the Note but I have some reservations and would appreciate some advice from others. The consensus seems to be to go with the 'international version' as opposed to the AT&T version.

Where should I purchase the international version and will AT&T support it if I have problems?

If I go with the international version do I have to pay the full price and not get the price break from AT&T?

There are several who have reported a problem with the backs not fitting properly and that would really bug me should it happen to me. I have personally seen this in a store where the back is just barely hanging on. This doesn't instill confidence.

I have always sync'd my iPhones with my PC and the process seems to be simple enough. Since I've never used the 'Droid OS, I know next to nothing about the process and I would like to have things stay in sync.

Should I just stay with the iPhone 4s?

Thank you in advance for your opinion

I become eligible to upgrade on the first of May. I was thinking of getting the Samsung Note because of the screen. Handling it in the stores has shown me that the size is comfortable in my hands, the screen is sharp and I think I could get used to the 'Droid OS. I've had every version of the iPhone and I don't have any major complaints with the iOS. I was ready to go with the Note but I have some reservations and would appreciate some advice from others. The consensus seems to be to go with the 'international version' as opposed to the AT&T version.

Where should I purchase the international version and will AT&T support it if I have problems?

If I go with the international version do I have to pay the full price and not get the price break from AT&T?

There are several who have reported a problem with the backs not fitting properly and that would really bug me should it happen to me. I have personally seen this in a store where the back is just barely hanging on. This doesn't instill confidence.

I have always sync'd my iPhones with my PC and the process seems to be simple enough. Since I've never used the 'Droid OS, I know next to nothing about the process and I would like to have things stay in sync.

Should I just stay with the iPhone 4s?

Thank you in advance for your opinion

International versions will have to be purchased though other sources, not AT&T.

AT&T will support your plan, but they will NOT support the device (no warranty or anything)

You will have to pay the full price, the only version that you will get a price break on is the AT&T one from AT&T or an authorized dealer.

Back not fitting is not the norm. I would just take yours out of the box at the store and look at it. If it has an issue, get them to give you a new one. Easy enough.

Depending on what you are syncing there are plenty of apps to help. There are even a few good app that will allow you to continue to use iTunes and sync.

Reactions: James4455
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones