• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Too many contacts!!

Adeline

May 9, 2010
Help! My Desire has (with good intention I'm sure) picked up all the people/organisations, etc I have ever emailed and added them to my contacts. Now all I really want is the people I normally phone and a few email addresses on there. Is there a way of setting up separate phone and email contacts or just stopping the phone adding all email addresses to my contacts?

The above will help if you look at your contacts on the people app. On the phone app, you will still see all of them.
yep i have the same problem and i dont use people app to search through contacts but use dialer and all either unticked or ticked contacts are there.
however, my solution to this was simple - just learned to live with it :) hehe

Upvote 0
yep i have the same problem and i dont use people app to search through contacts but use dialer and all either unticked or ticked contacts are there.
however, my solution to this was simple - just learned to live with it :) hehe

I find myself using the phone dialer to bring up my call history.. The bonus there is when the keypad pops up it hides all the random contacts below the call history behind it :D

Reactions: gie62001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones