• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Took a video, now what?

pnm2001

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
I'm a complete newbie, please be gentle and use easy words. I just got my Hero with Sprint last week, and it's my first phone that does more that just make phone calls. I was excited to use it to take a video of my daughter's dance recital today, but I can't seem to get it out of my phone to share with others. Can't text or e-mail or even YouTube without getting an error message that the file is too big. I've searched old threads and all over the internet but the fixes I've found seem to deal with future videos and pictures, not what you've already got. Can anyone help me get this video to my friends or even my Mac? Thanks!

The easiest way to move the video off of your Sprint HTC Hero is to connect it to your computer with the USB cable that came with it. Then you can mount it as a USB drive and browse your handset's files that are on the microSD card as if it were an external hard drive.

Once you have copied the video file off of your handset and onto your computer you can view it using QuickTime or convert it using video conversion software like Handbreak. I hope this helps you out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones