• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Toshiba: You are pushing away potential buyers for your future products!

mulderfox

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
By not allowing us to root our new tablet, you are pushing away potential future buyers, as anyone who currently was stupid enough to go and buy your tablet and find out it's locked against rooting, will think long and hard before making that mistake again!
Look at companies like Asus, and Samsung - market leaders - they allow the masses to root their tablets, while warning them against possible warranty loss, thus creating a cohesive loyal community around their products! My phone is a samsung phone, and I flashed it countless times. One of those times, I even took it to a service station where they flashed it for me, free of charge to stock ROM. That's good service! And if they didn't, I still be okay with it, since I understand the risks taken with rooting.

Why don't you stop playing the overly responsible adult, and let people go free with their new tablet? It will only bring you more loyal buyers!

Please free the bootloader!

Thank you.

Drops of Wisdom

i dont think a device should have to be rooted to be able to install custom roms and such. we all have pc's and they do not need to be rooted to remove bloatware, and reinstall an os or install a new 1. bugs the hell outta me. all the political BS going into mobile devices, and OS. i love android being open source, but damn, it is difficult to get new firmwares for devices, if manufactures would just release drivers, and all for their devices, like they do for a pc. its all crazy.... toshiba is loosing it, im on a toshiba laptop right now, and i will never purchase a tablet from them cuz literaly they r junk. having all these limitations on mobile devices just dont make much sense. all over the all mighty dollar, i suppose i dont even know. u own it, you should be able to root it or customize it as much as you want. dont lock the consumer out of their own device. thats crazy. what can we do as consumers to rise against manufactures and let them no to stop locking down their mobile devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones