• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Totally Hacked off with Google Calendar Sync

lancs-lad

Lurker
May 28, 2011
I've had my HTC Desire now for about 8 months and generally been pleased apart from bluetooth issues with my Bury CC9060 but this week I lost all my google calendar appointments on my phone and couldn't get them back so did a hard reset today and reinstalled everything. My calendars returned with the first sync and I thought everything was OK until about a couple of hours later and then all my appointments disappeared again. I am seriously hacked off.

Any help seriously appreciated although I am aware others are experiencing similar problems. BTW I am running android 2.2

Why not back your calendar up onto your PC with something like MyPhoneExplorer?

The backup was already saved to my desktop and it's an easy enough job to use Outlook but it's time consuming having to remeber to sync your phone every time you change an appointment.

I think I've finally solved it now anyway. Did another factory reset and left automatic updates enabled (I'd selected manual updates to conserve battery life) and it's retained everything for the last 24 hours.

The factory reset has also fixed my bluetooth issues so I'm quite pleased really:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones