• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touch screen does not work while talking

yrndtn

Lurker
Mar 22, 2010
I have a weird problem: when i'm talking on the phone and need to use the numeric pad for navigation or enter code on auto-machines, the touch screen does not work. I need to use the navigation keys to press the numbers, and lock & unlock the phone with the side button when it's auto lock itself after few seconds.
Any Idea?

Don't blow!

Use a vacuum cleaner. It's the only good solution I found. Use the hose attachment and vacuum at the USB port using your hand to make a "seal" around the hose attachment and USB port. Vacuum for a few minutes there and at the speaker holes and other holes at the top.

Keep the front of the sensor dust free if you use a cover and you shouldn't have the issue anymore...

Upvote 0
Ha, call me perverse but I'm trying to get dust INTO the sensor. The only way I can persuade o2 to replace my Galaxy is to show them it's faulty. II5 doesn't have serious bugs (that I know?) and they won't replace it cos it's stuck on Donut and some apps won't run. Rubbing phone into dirty bit of carpet...:p ... still bloody working! Guess I shouldn't complain really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones