• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Wiz unresponsive

C

Cardlover

My SIII has completely locked up.

The "unlock screen-swipe" isn't working and I CAN'T EVEN TURN IT OFF to try and restart. So there it sits turned on but completely unresponsive.

The only thing I can do is receive a call. When I do I get a message that says..."Touch Wiz isn't responding. Do you want to close it?.......Wait.......OK.

Suggestions?

P.S. At this point any suggestions to download some app will not be helpful (I don't think) since I can do absolutely nothing right now.

Welcome!

Luckily, the S3 comes with a removable battery, and I suggest pulling the battery in this case to turn off your phone.
Now, after letting it sit without the battery for fifteen minutes or so, try powering it back on (after you put in the battery, if course.)
Once the phone boots up, go into your settings and open the application manager. Under the All tab, scroll down to the app Touchwiz Home. Select it and clear data and cache. (Note that you have to set up your homescreens after this.)
This should clear up whatever the app was waiting on.

If not, we would love to have you join our forums so we can help further!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones