• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TouchPal for Android will Release

I was a beta tester for touchpal. After a day or two I sent my thoughts from the address samuelmaskell@gmail.com. here is the original email.

Hi,
I've been using the touchpal keyboard all day today and I thought I would share my first impressions.

Things I like:
Easy to switch keyboards
Easy to change language
multi-language support(though I have not tried it because I only have one language pack currently)
Easy access to symbols by swiping down
Prediction of next word
Little to no lag

Things I would like to see:
Haptic/vibration feedback
Double tap space bar for period
Larger keys in landscape mode
Prediction for punctuation(I often hit comma instead of L and it never corrects it)
Incorrect key prediction on compact qwerty(the keys may be bigger but I still hit the wrong one occasionally) - this is included in HTC's keyboard
Bigger dictionary(not bad but HTC's is bigger on non-google branded phones)
Press and swipe sideways on symbol key for a few quick options like on HTC keyboard

Overall it is quite nice but there are a few things I would like to see. Right now I would say that it is fairly good bit it has the potential to be much better. I will keep you posted if I think of anything else that I would like to see.
Thanks,
Samuel Maskell

hope that helps a little. I'd like to see this thing go far.

Upvote 0
I was a beta tester for touchpal. After a day or two I sent my thoughts from the address samuelmaskell@gmail.com.

Out of interest, are you still using it now? I'm currently using BigKeys - the annoying thing is that it doesn't predict words or any of the fancy features, but it's basically completely lag-free, which is what killed the normal keyboard for me. Also, I kept hitting "." when I meant to hit the space bar, though I don't do that on BigKeys. If TouchPal can offer a lag-free solution with the predictive functions of the Android keyboard, I'll be all over it.

Upvote 0
It's not out yet, and CooTek says that it should be free for the first month or two, so when it's out you should be able to see it in Canada Land anyway.

Mr Cootek, any news on when it will be out?

Hopefully.. there have been some problems though. We can't even get all the free apps. No idea why but it's really starting up tick me off.

Upvote 0
Sorry about it but it was the 3rd time this question was posted... And even the thread title says Will Release...

I fully understand your point of view. With so many new users (you are only 20 something posts so far) it is important to teach. Better to not even answer this person.

In a Phandroid post about Google Voice nearly every person asked for an invite. Despite the fact it posted multiple times that invites are not like when Gmail was released, only Google can provide you with one. No viral, send an invite options at this time. Eventually I just stopped reading that and posting there.

I welcome you as well to our community and hope you enjoy Android and chatting about it too.

Upvote 0
I fully understand your point of view. With so many new users (you are only 20 something posts so far) it is important to teach. Better to not even answer this person.

In a Phandroid post about Google Voice nearly every person asked for an invite. Despite the fact it posted multiple times that invites are not like when Gmail was released, only Google can provide you with one. No viral, send an invite options at this time. Eventually I just stopped reading that and posting there.

I welcome you as well to our community and hope you enjoy Android and chatting about it too.

I agree with you but for me (new here but been on other forums for a while), rule #1 is to search before asking, let alone reading a thread and it's title :)

I really like this place btw !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones