• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchscreen goes wacky when charging with non-Motorola charger

I use a iPad charger on all my devices and a belkin iPad charger in the car, they are all 2.1 amp
Which is double from the normal 1 amp chargers that all/most other devices use.

I've never had a problem with anything, other than then getting charged quicker.

Even on the apple site, if you look up accessories for the iPad, and under charging it will show that the iPad charger us compatible with everything. The iPad and probably some other tabs use a higher amperage, 2.1 compared to phones and most other devices that use 1 amp.

Edit, i forgot to mention that some of the newer laptops have a usb/charging port.

Upvote 0
I too had this touch screen wacky issue while charging through laptop USB . Reason has been already mentioned by users. I will suggest you to use this basic trick as this solved my case. Place your laptop on the ground and removeany silicon jelly cover(if any) from mobile when connecting it through USB. now use your mobile placing in your hand only. Issue will be solved no more wacky touch screen. If still problem exits then its time to change you usb cable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones