• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen sensitivity issues - is this normal?

lacking

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
Hi.

There are a couple of small areas on my touchscreen that seem a bit less sensitive than others. This is only noticeable when using the onscreen keyboard. The letter 'n' for example needs a bit more pressure to select than other letters. If I go around the screen pressing lightly, most other keys will select but the letter 'n' won't unless I apply slightly more pressure. Its not like it needs much more pressure or anything, only a bit. I've taken the screen protector off.

The i5700 is my first touchscreen phone, so I'm not sure if it is normal for capacitive touchscreens to have a couple of small areas that are slightly less sensitive than other areas - maybe I'm being over paranoid? The screen seems sensitive enough when scrolling and swiping etc.

So, do other people have similar experiences? Is it normal?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones