• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tracking Droid Software and Hardware Problems

40/09
Never had any problems that were not user error until last night. Go to check my exchange email and the info is gone, asking me to sey up my account, same with yahoo. Went into accounts and my info was there, but it would not let me access the options. Power cycled and battery pull with no luck, ended up having to reenter all the info. Not a huge deal but really disconcerting that my two main emails can just be wiped with seemingly no reason.

Upvote 0
I just had an interesting 15 minutes with my Droid. Every time I tried using a quick dial contact, the dialer, or contacts to make a phone call the dialer process would force close and freeze the phone. It kept happening so I ended up having to remove all of my widgets and close Launcher+ before the phone would make calls. I don't understand how the phone can force close the dialer as a way to save memory but not the widgets or other running apps... is the dialer not a priority app on a PHONE?

What if I had needed to call 911 in a life or death situation, would I have needed to go to the makret, search for a task killer, download and install a task killer, and then run it before making the call?

I'm pretty sure that's a bug that needs to be worked out. If you need to make a call then the phone should shut every thing down if need be to make the call. What's the point of a phone that can't be used as a phone if it's memory is full.

Upvote 0
I just had an interesting 15 minutes with my Droid. Every time I tried using a quick dial contact, the dialer, or contacts to make a phone call the dialer process would force close and freeze the phone. It kept happening so I ended up having to remove all of my widgets and close Launcher+ before the phone would make calls. I don't understand how the phone can force close the dialer as a way to save memory but not the widgets or other running apps... is the dialer not a priority app on a PHONE?

What if I had needed to call 911 in a life or death situation, would I have needed to go to the makret, search for a task killer, download and install a task killer, and then run it before making the call?

I'm pretty sure that's a bug that needs to be worked out. If you need to make a call then the phone should shut every thing down if need be to make the call. What's the point of a phone that can't be used as a phone if it's memory is full.

Same problem here. It sucks trying to make a call and nothing happens.

Upvote 0
Mine seems to click when I play music through my car stereo and the volume on the phone itself is maxed out. If I turn it down the periodic clicking goes away -- not sure if that's normal or not...

I've had an issue with two different phones, including my motorola droid, where the two volumes, the phone and the car stereo, need to be kind of close to each other, e.g., you can't have the phone volume cranked and the car volume really low, or vice versa. Try it with both on middle volume. I have the best luck with the droid volume set to 70%, then I can usually adjust the car volume reasonably well. When a call comes in, I usually have to lower the car speaker volume a lot.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones