• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer contacts from SIM?

Ruhnie

Apr 28, 2010
I realize this is not an EVO question, but I'm hoping someone more clever than I can help me with a solution. My wife and I are both getting our EVOs today. My current phone is a Blackberry Curve and has Google Sync, so I am all good there. Unfortunately my wife has some old Motorola that came free with a 2-yr contract, i.e. a POS without any google integration.

I have managed to get all of the contacts onto her SIM card, but now I don't know what to do with it. I am pretty certain that Sprint phones don't use SIM cards, so obviously I can't just pop it in the EVO. I tried putting it in my phone, but apparently all of my contacts are stored on my phone's internal memory, so it came up with a merged list of both our contacts...no good either.

Any ideas? TIA!

well, not 100% about this but, if you contacts on you sim card, can't you just put Her sim into your Curve and download to what program BB uses, then you take that contact list and import into

google/contacts

(assuming you both have gmail accounts now)

then when you log into your EVOs your contacts will be there.

of course this doesn't work if your Curve doesn't use a sim card either.

if your phone doesn't get a co-worker or friend to do it.....

good luck

I realize this is not an EVO question, but I'm hoping someone more clever than I can help me with a solution. My wife and I are both getting our EVOs today. My current phone is a Blackberry Curve and has Google Sync, so I am all good there. Unfortunately my wife has some old Motorola that came free with a 2-yr contract, i.e. a POS without any google integration.

I have managed to get all of the contacts onto her SIM card, but now I don't know what to do with it. I am pretty certain that Sprint phones don't use SIM cards, so obviously I can't just pop it in the EVO. I tried putting it in my phone, but apparently all of my contacts are stored on my phone's internal memory, so it came up with a merged list of both our contacts...no good either.

Any ideas? TIA!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones