• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer FROM SDCard TO Phone

The easiest is to open your file manager and select all the folders press 'move' and select your internal memory as the destination.

Have in mind that apps that store data on your sd card won't be able to find it in this case.

For example if you have Spotify save music to your sd card i believe the app will have a hard time finding it now

Upvote 0
Samsung includes a basic file manager app, 'My Files'. It should be in your Note 8's App menu. The first time you use it, be sure to go into its Settings menu so set things up the way you want. It's a pretty basic file manager as far features but for something like moving files around in your phone it's very adequate and capable.

Upvote 0
Lots of ways to do this.

Over the years ive done this on phones.

What i do is turn off the phone:
Remove the card
Put it in a PC
Copy paste the date from card to PC

Remove. Reinsert new card
Copy from PC to new card

Loads into phone.
Boom. Done.

Matter of fact, i just did this on a recent phone. This time I downgraded the card to a smaller one (from 256 to 128).

Perfect results every time.

Upvote 0
Lots of ways to do this.

Over the years ive done this on phones.

What i do is turn off the phone:
Remove the card
Put it in a PC
Copy paste the date from card to PC

Remove. Reinsert new card
Copy from PC to new card

Loads into phone.
Boom. Done.

Matter of fact, i just did this on a recent phone. This time I downgraded the card to a smaller one (from 256 to 128).

Perfect results every time.

The most hassle-free process in this instance is to just use the already included 'My Files' app and:
-- copy the current microSD card's content to internal storage,
-- swap the cards,
-- move the content to the new card.
But there is a big plus in adding in a computer to the mix in that by copying your card's content there's at least a backup on an external source. Smartphones are simply not a reliable way to store data on a long-term basis, always set up some kind of backup solution for your data.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones