• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help transfer photos/videos via KIES air sucks?!

royal23

Jun 8, 2010
hi

i want to download photos/videos taken with my SG2 to my phone.
so i'm connecting via KIES AIR, which is the most convenient way, i think.
however, browsing the "photos" category via kies air on my phone shows ALL image files on my SG2?! the columns for resulution and date taken are empty. and worst of all, it's not showing thumbnails. so i have no idea which are photos i've taken, and which are other images.

what am i doing wrong? is there no way to filter?
is there a better way to do this?

and one related question, regarding the phone's gallery:
before my SG2 i had an HTC Desire. i was used to being able to mark certain pics as favourites. make new albums. move pics across etc (all on the phone).

and because of the app "Facebook for HTC Sense" i was able to upload multiple photos to a (new) facebook album. i can't seem to do this on my SG2. the official facebook app only allows sharing one pic at a time...

Don't run Kies, just connect the phone to USB while in home screen. If you have Kies to automatically start with boot up, it will pop up, then just close it.

Then in Windows explorer or equivalent you should see the phone device under my Computer, then under that there will both the phone storage, and the card storage. Just browse to the DCIM/Camera folderof which ever one you have used (internal or card) in the camera, locate your files and just copy them. ie. Use statndard file browsing not Kies to locate your files. Kies runs like a dog.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones