• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring Files from a phone with a Non-Working Touchscreen

Nevo112358

Lurker
Nov 28, 2018
Hey,

So my phone apparently has had water damage so now it's touchscreen doesn't work.
Everything else seems to work though.
So I decided to buy a new phone, a similar one (Meizu M6 Note), because it was just on sale over Black Friday.

Because my touchscreen couldn't I couldn't transfer the files from my old phone to the new one (those who weren't backed-up one the cloud).
I tried connecting it with a USB to try and transfer the files to my computer, but I can't transfer any files via a USB connection without a permission from my phone, which, from my understanding I need to use the touchscreen to do that.

Any ideas?

The only other idea I have is to use the fact that the new phone I bought is of the same model to maybe replace the hard-drive of my new phone with the old one, but I don't know if it's practical.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones