• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring media to phone without an SD card.

Hi

Is it possible to transfer a picture from my laptop to my phone without an SD card?
I thought it would be possible but when I plugged my phone usb into my laptop, android said
"usb connected-you have connected your phone to your computer via USB. Select the button below (Turn on usb storage) if you want to copy files between your computer and your android's SD card"

How do I do it without a card?

Also, I have bluetooth on my phone, is ther anyway I can utilise this so I can, both, send and receive from my computer.

Many thanks

Perhaps Dropbox...

“Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website! With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go.”

Reactions: miniature45
Upvote 0
Yes, you need a SD card, because you'll need your free phone storage of a few MB for installing further apps :)

You should install a microSDHC card of 4 or 8 or 16 or 32 GB storage capacity.
I'd buy a SanDisk class 4.

Harry
Hi and thanks

What is a SanDisk class 4 please, is it an sd card?
How do I know which one to get for my phone? and where can I buy it?

sorry for the questions, but thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones