• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transformer Prime Dock or Infinity tf700t Dock how do you confirm whic one you have?

daldude

Jul 7, 2013
I got what was supposed to be the Keyboard Dock for the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700t but it looks just like the Transformer Prime that I saw reviewed on Youtube. Is there way to positively confirm that I have the one for the Infinity TF700t and not the Prime? The stickers on the side that have the serial number and model number have already rubbed off the printing on them and I've only had the dock 2 days I got it Certified refurbished from BuySPRY.com
On their Ebay page It's listed as MPN: RTF700-DOCK-GR :UPC: 886227179213

the only number I can find is on the bottom of the dock AD01
It seems to fit ok but when I was using it for the first time the battery on the dock ran down to 0% and the power LED was flashing orange which I assume meant it was totally discharged and I've heard it's not good to let a Li-polymer Battery battery run completely down. Is there a app I need to install that will switch off the dock battery when it gets to a certain level and then switch to the battery in the tablet? Is there any other way to find out what model number it is via the tablets information screen or a app that reports detailed information about the tablet not reported in the system settings?
One of the reasons I bought the dock was to extend the battery life of the tablet without having to carry around the charger so if I have to plug in the charger when the dock battery gets low then that defeats the purpose of the dock extending the run time of the tablet.:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones