1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support trasnsferring data from epic4g to epic4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4gtt, Sep 27, 2011.

1. 4gtt

4gtt Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I was told the only thing I can transfer is my contacts and photo's no other apps, settings, Calender or the memo pad, I tried to use kies from samsung but it wil not recognize my pone

my phone has a cracked screen badly and they will not replace it at the store, really, but if the screen only has a one inch crack they will replace it at the store??, your kidding right? , I mean HECK they are replacing it at the store either way!
    and how can it possibly be cheaper to ship the phone both ways and send a new phone to you?

anyhow, IS THERE ANY WAY to save all my info on the phone and transfer it to a new one, I'm about in a bind and out of time,

Sprint you really need to work on your customer service,

Advertisement

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    I am assuming you aren't rooted, but you can use MyBackup to do some of it. I don't remember what you can and cannot backup on a phone if you aren't rooted, but it is something to take a look at...

EDIT: And just a little FYI, no carrier or Android phone will allow you to completely backup and restore all data from one phone to another... Unless of course, you are rooted.

3. 4gtt

4gtt Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011

I didn't know that, it;s not like I'm changing carriers or phones for the matter, I just have a broke phone (I dropped it cracked the screen) but thanks for that info, now just what is rooting and is it hard to do, and then can I literally clone all my data?

heck i'm tempted just to swap the new screen on to my old screen when the replacement phone gets here tomorrow

again thanks!

4. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    4gtt likes this.
  5. 4gtt

4gtt Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011

thanks, I'm more concerend with getting a refurbished phone from the ins company sprint uses that has been fooled with too, I'm trying to find a way if I can tell if it is older than the one I have now or not

I'm going to read the page you sent me later on, I have to run out now for a while

agains thanks for your help!

6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

won't matter if it's been fooled with. They'll ODIN it back to the latest stock firmware. But you can root your current phone, do a nandroid backup from clockwork recovery, root the new phone, pop in the microSD card from the old phone and restore that nandroid backup to pretty much clone your original phone.

7. 4gtt

4gtt Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    i guess it is to late if they already activated the new phone and turned off the activation on the old one...

8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

You don't need phones to be active. They function perfectly sans a cellular connection. You route via your computer connected via USB. But if you've turned in your old one, then it would be a bit late. Backing things up to the card and going to the same phone shouldn't be a problem to restore. Different phones would be a different story.

9. 4gtt

4gtt Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks it didn't go as planned but the phone is working,now to find apps that I can actually do a backup and restore and not loose memos and data, in case this happens again

10. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

One thing, quite a few apps allow saving databases and information to the microSD card. So look at that in the settings for some apps. This way when you put the card in a new phone your stuff is good to go.