• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

treo 800w or hero?

Only suggestion on that switch is DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Had the 800w for about a year, and while I LOVE the form factor, the absolute and utter lack of support available for that phone, even since it was new, has been terrible. I was really worried about the lack of the keyboard on the Hero, but got over that very quickly. The only things I miss from the 800w is the hard volume button on the top, Skyfire browser, and my GMAIL was actually more functional on it :( Bluetooth was just aweful on the 800w, not much better on the Hero IMHO, but the addition on the headphone jack is a godsend.

S

Upvote 0
The Pro is much better than the 800w. If you're an intensive PIM user on win mob you'll have some frustrations and growing pains migrating to Android.

Outlook sync isn't native. Memo and task sync isn't native and doesn't exist except for tasks if you use exchange. Calendar and contacts are very watered down. Webmail is only fully functional if you use gmail. The phone part isn't stellar either. If you can work around and compromise, the customization of the OS is very nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones