• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Trident Cyclops Case for HTC Evo 4G

Got it (red/black) and used it a couple days. Think it was $16.14 with discount and shipping!! Kinda bulky but it works well. Real test will be the next week at work. Only thing I don't like about it is it kinda hard to take off scared I'm gonna break it taking it off. Came with protector for the flash/camera but says it could give a blueish tint if used. Also came with a headphone jack extender.

Upvote 0
No, the idea of the oily/greasy fingers come from just knowing how oil refracts light. After doing more reading on other forums. The iPhone boys are all kinds of upset that the OtterBox Defender they got has the rainbow effect as well, also some basic screen protectors that people are buying cheaply are having the same issue. It could have something to do with a coating on the glass of these new phones. Some people say a little alcohol rub on the screen will fix this problem. Others use baby powder.

Bottom line is this, some form of oil OR coating OR something between the screen protector and the screen is causing the light to refract and display a rainbow effect industry wide.

For those of you who are choosing to go to OtterBox because of this rainbow issue, understand that the problem is being seen there as well. So you may just have to deal with it. I plan on taking it day by day with the case and trying different ideas.

The other issue with the pictures having a blue tint, that can probably be solved by simply cutting the PET plastic that covers the LED's and the camera lens. I am assuming the light from the flash is being reflected through the plastic, if you cut it, it should stop. Maybe use a black sharpie along the cut to darken the edges of the plastic, that may help as well.

Zombroid - fandroid - whatever, thank you! your ability to back track and spout simple troll like phrases amused me for about an hour. You have made a portion of my day go by a little faster, and for that i say THANK YOU!

Here is the solution:

The window that goes over the flash has two protective coverings on it.

Here is what causes the blue tint:
1) Take off covering by pulling on the tab.
2) Install on back of case.

To solve the problem add this step:
3) After the window is placed correctly on the back of the case, remove the second piece of protective film (on the inside of the window). This film is blue, probably so that we see it. :D :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Upvote 0
Here is the solution:

The window that goes over the flash has two protective coverings on it.

Here is what causes the blue tint:
1) Take off covering by pulling on the tab.
2) Install on back of case.

To solve the problem add this step:
3) After the window is placed correctly on the back of the case, remove the second piece of protective film (on the inside of the window). This film is blue, probably so that we see it. :D :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Yeah, everyone on the Interwebs is making the same blue-tinted-covering-left-on mistake, and it's hurting the opinions of this product. The instructions are non-existent is why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones