• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble setting up my outgoing server

froggywhite

Lurker
Oct 31, 2011
Hi,

Im having no end of problems trying to set up my outgoing server,

My problem is I have a small internet business and my HTC is with "Three", I am able to pick up my mail but not send it, but I just cant sort out my outgoing server,

I have searched high and low and nothing works, I have problem changed the out going server so much that I have messed all the settings up:

My domain is hosted by Namesco but I point them @ weebly the webdesign service,

The settings at the moment are:

Login Required (Ticked)
username: this is my namesco username for my site
password: once again the same as my namesco site

SMTP Server: this changes from smtp.mbb-three.com/co.uk or anything else I can think of trying,

Security Type: None

Server Port: 25

When I try to enter these settings I reciee the message:

"Warning"

Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding:

Ok or Continue

The message varies depending on the info I type in, but it never works,

Plus when I get back home do I still leave the same settings even though it will connect then to my Sky Wifi router,

Sorry to be a pain with the first post but I hope someone can help me out, it's pretty frustrating as I can receive but not answer business emails when I receive them in,

Thanks in advance,

Froggy:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones