• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trouble with ota update with rooted incredible

I just got the OTA and it started but then got a red triangle. Rebooted went back in fine and is at 2.1

I don't have clockwork mod as far I as can tell since when I tried to go into recovery before the update it gave me the red triangle.

I did the steps to unrevoke and then unrevoked forever finally ran the stock recovery.

I just checked in the terminal emulator and I am still rooted though. Is that the problem?

Call me crazy but for some reason I want the get the update from OTA. So what do I need to do get that back again and successfully apply?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
san21893 you are the mutha effin man!! Thank you for your help!!! Installed the may update and did the *#*#checkin#*#* and the the official FROYO 2.2 is waiting for me and downloading now as I type!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

So u unrooted and installed the may update and u checked the system update it started to download froyo? U didn't have to manually install froyo?
What is the best way to back up my contacts?

Upvote 0
ok i need serious help with this i am a noob with the android os worked on apple products so i have no clue how this works i got impatient with the 2.2 ota so i tried rooting the phone for the leaved 2.2 the farthest i could get was the baseband upgrade currently running 2.05.00.06.11 firmware version 2.1 update 1 software number 1.36.605.0 everything else failed i cant figure out how to go back to stock baseband i cant reallly do anything with the phone it works just shitty service i cant upgrade to 2.2 like this obviously how do i downgrade the radio please help:(

Upvote 0
[QUOTE/]So u unrooted and installed the may update and u checked the system update it started to download froyo? U didn't have to manually install froyo?
What is the best way to back up my contacts?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. Neither the may update or Froyo erased my contacts or apps, but the best way I find is the backup assistance thru Verizon its free and it works great.

Reactions: PSUBALL10
Upvote 0
[QUOTE/]So u unrooted and installed the may update and u checked the system update it started to download froyo? U didn't have to manually install froyo?
What is the best way to back up my contacts?

That is correct. Neither the may update or Froyo erased my contacts or apps, but the best way I find is the backup assistance thru Verizon its free and it works great.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks, I will try this tonight.

Upvote 0
Anyone else running stock 2.1 with unrevoked3 (NOT forever)? How did you get the OTA 2.2 to work?

This is what I have, if it helps anyone:

firmware: 2.1-update1
baseband: 1.00.03.04.06
software: 1.22.605.2

I have root. I don't care if I lose it, I just would like the OTA 2.2. Anyone? :(

I'm sort of in the same position as you. In fact, I went so far as to unroot. Now, neither the RUU and the update.zip will work and I'm no longer getting the OTA update notice (it popped every time prior to my unrooting, but wouldn't stick do to moved CityID.apk file).

from what I have read thus far, it's the baseband. My baseband switched to 1.00.03.04.06 after I unrooted, I don't remember exactly what it was before, but it was not a 1.00 number. Apparently, phones with our basebands will not receive the OTA nor will the .zip or RUU executable work.

I'm trying to find confirmation on this and if there's a way to update the baseband.

Upvote 0
Hi Mishka,

I am back to 100% stock now thanks to some help on this forum. I basically unrooted by applying the 2.1 stock recovery, re-applied the may update, and now i'm back to exactly where I was when I first bought the phone. I have not applied the 2.2 OTA because I haven't gotten the notification. The whole thing was pretty scary, I may be too afraid to ever root again :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi Mishka,

I am back to 100% stock now thanks to some help on this forum. I basically unrooted by applying the 2.1 stock recovery, re-applied the may update, and now i'm back to exactly where I was when I first bought the phone. I have not applied the 2.2 OTA because I haven't gotten the notification. The whole thing was pretty scary, I may be too afraid to ever root again :eek:

you dont need the ota honestly. just manually install it it works fine

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/incredible...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html

use this thread to unroot.^^^

the manual update will not work if u unroot from root because it will bring u back to stock before the ota may update.

if ure software number is 1.22.605.0 it will not work u must run the may ota to bring it to 1.22.605.2

Getting your phone ready for the FroYo update.zip! - xda-developers

on this page^ use the first link not the megaupload one.

then use this to manually update.

Manually Update DROID Incredible to Android 2.2 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

all of the links and info to go from a root 2.1 back to stock up to the may ota and then up to froyo are all here

Thanks again, everything worked great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones