• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to get all my data from LG -X410ASR to Viking Pro 2-in1

DianaF59

May 16, 2018
Hi folks,
I really hope I am in the right place :D I have looked all over and can't find anything like what I need that's recent and if there is an old post, I would think, it might be out of date.

I have Googled and found that some of the "instructions" say you can't transfer data from a newer Android version to an older one (this is what I am trying to do) but I am not trying to "make" the tablet a version 9, just want my stuff and to have what I have on my phone on it and I alkready know that everything is not compatible, I just want what is. :thinking:

I have read that you can use a third party app...then read that they can be dangerous ugh! So I originally "thought" I could just use Google Drive, which I have on both, and I have no clue how...when I backup my phone to Google Drive, everything I would want backs up, but when I open it on the tablet, there is a file (ipk?) but it says "can't open". Then I thought I could just copy the data to a folder on my laptop, and plug the Tablet in the laptop and just transfer, then I thought I could put the tablets SD card in laptop and copy that way........so I am totally confused as to how to do this. I am not totally tech illiterate, but I am feeling that way right about now lol.
I have most of my data backed up to my 16GB phone SD card, and have 32GB of storage on the tablet and a 32GB SD card for it as well.

Can anyone pleeeeaaaasee help me? I am pulling my hair out.
Oh yeah, the model number for the tablet is: RTC6A03W13
**PS..I "re-found" this lovely forum, then haven't been back for a minute due to some major BS I am going through..I do have some other questions, but that's a whole other post lol and I need to search for answers before I do! Dang, I had gotten rid of the "lurker" status, gotta work on that again! It sounds so loseeerr status :rolleyes:
HAGN all and TIA if you can help!
D;):cool:

what are you trying to transfer? app data? photos? video? contacts?

Thank you for answering so quick!
I'm really trying to get as much as I can, but the apps, I pretty much can and have downloaded most, and the photos are in my Google photos (I don't know what's up with the photos but when I try to set my wallpaper every photo is way too big I don't have a clue what's going on with that because they work on my phone just fine so I don't know if there's something that the photo app has to do to make it fit or what but I guess that's another thread LOL), but I use gallery for doing most and would like the same gallery transferred, or at least something besides the Google photo app, I don't really like it..... so I don't have to set it all up again. Contacts came with my Google account, but I think mostly apps and the settings that are able to be copied/transferred. So pretty much as much as I can, it just seemed like it would save time. And what about a dialer? There isn't one on the tablet! I've never had a tablet, so really don't know what to expect. How would you advise to do this? Or just suck it up and redo everything?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
if you had a samsung device then you would have used smart switch....it is one of the reason i have samsung devices. since you have a lg device, i believe they have some sort of mobile data transfer as well. but i think it works the other way around then what you specifically want to do.....move data from lg to a different device. both samsung and lg will move data from a different device to the respective phones.....i hope you get what i mean. there really is no moving app data like you are looking for.

sorry, but i think in this case you might have to suck it up

Upvote 0
if you had a samsung device then you would have used smart switch....it is one of the reason i have samsung devices. since you have a lg device, i believe they have some sort of mobile data transfer as well. but i think it works the other way around then what you specifically want to do.....move data from lg to a different device. both samsung and lg will move data from a different device to the respective phones.....i hope you get what i mean. there really is no moving app data like you are looking for.

sorry, but i think in this case you might have to suck it up

Thank you! I have another idea......there's an app called GCloud that has good reviews etc, only 2GB of storage though, I can get my photos and music from USB to my laptop, my contacts are Google and I have them.
The only thing that I really want to sync, are as many apps and their settings that I can, and 2GB is enough. I might try the GCloud for that. One thing I'm really wanting to do is use the tablet for messaging with my contacts....it did not come with a phone or messaging app, but does have Skype (which up til now, have never had use for, since I can do video calling on my phone without that) any suggestions for a messaging solution? And I can't find a weather app that has a large enough widget to cover the top half of my home page...I'm wondering if that's possible?
Oh, and I don't know why my pictures are so big when I try to use for my wallpaper, and don't know how to fix that. I don't know if there's a certain way to do it or what, like I said I'm new to this tablet thing LOL
But it is a 10in tablet, so any ideas on that? I'm so sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying not to start a new thread for each question. I don't know if that's allowed and I apologize if it's not. Please just let me know if not, and I will create another thread 😉
I want to thank you for your advice too....you are awesome and have already helped me so much!
Thanks~D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank you! I have another idea......there's an app called GCloud that has good reviews etc, only 2GB of storage though, I can get my photos and music from USB to my laptop, my contacts are Google and I have them.
The only thing that I really want to sync, are as many apps and their settings that I can, and 2GB is enough. I might try the GCloud for that. One thing I'm really wanting to do is use the tablet for messaging with my contacts....it did not come with a phone or messaging app, but does have Skype (which up til now, have never had use for, since I can do video calling on my phone without that) any suggestions for a messaging solution? And I can't find a weather app that has a large enough widget to cover the top half of my home page...I'm wondering if that's possible?
Oh, and I don't know why my pictures are so big when I try to use for my wallpaper, and don't know how to fix that. I don't know if there's a certain way to do it or what, like I said I'm new to this tablet thing LOL
But it is a 10in tablet, so any ideas on that? I'm so sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying not to start a new thread for each question. I don't know if that's allowed and I apologize if it's not. Please just let me know if not, and I will create another thread 😉
I want to thank you for your advice too....you are awesome and have already helped me so much!
Thanks~D
try SMS Backup and Restoreto backup and restore your messages.

i love 1Weather they have great widgets.

as far as pictures for wallpapers you might need a photo editor. i get my wallpapers from Zedge

this is your thread so you can keep it coming if you wish.

Reactions: MrJavi and DianaF59
Upvote 0
try SMS Backup and Restoreto backup and restore your messages.

i love 1Weather they have great widgets.

as far as pictures for wallpapers you might need a photo editor. i get my wallpapers from Zedge

this is your thread so you can keep it coming if you wish.

Oh thank you so much, I'm gonna try all that. I do have Zedge, but I like to have my own pictures as my wallpaper 😁 I read where the 'gallery' edits the photos for tablets too, but Google photos doesn't. There is a 'Gallery Go' app, but not sure of anything about it yet. The problem with that is there's so many gallery apps I just wonder if there's one that would be like the one I have on my phone. I know it came with the phone so it's LG specific I guess, but I also have Amazon Prime, and I thought about using prime photos, what do you think about that, or do you know anything about it, have you heard anything about how good it does as far as editing photos?
Thank you so much for your help again, and thank you for letting me know about the thread LOL I didn't know if I was supposed to put different topics in different threads, but I was thinking along the lines that this is all within the same topic. So thank you for that! 👍😁

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
the problem that there is so many phones with different varying screen resolutions that some wallpaper apps will have trouble making it look all the same with the same resolution. what looks great on my note 10+, might look terrible on your lg v60.....which is why i suggested a photo editor.

you can try picmonkey.com i believe their free service should suffice for you want to do.

i have seen that Image 2 Wallpaper App from the Play Store keeps coming up when i do a search. never used it so i can't give you an honest review of it.

Reactions: MrJavi and DianaF59
Upvote 0
the problem that there is so many phones with different varying screen resolutions that some wallpaper apps will have trouble making it look all the same with the same resolution. what looks great on my note 10+, might look terrible on your lg v60.....which is why i suggested a photo editor.

you can try picmonkey.com i believe their free service should suffice for you want to do.

i have seen that Image 2 Wallpaper App from the Play Store keeps coming up when i do a search. never used it so i can't give you an honest review of it.

Ok thanks, I will check those out.....I believe I used picmonkey years ago (but no clue how long it's been around, might have been something else lol) I will let you know how it goes.... My laptop just died too....sorta, the fan went so I'm totally relying on this tablet and my phone for now and I'm still learning navigation too 🙄

Upvote 0

Ok thanks, I will check those out.....I believe I used picmonkey years ago (but no clue how long it's been around, might have been something else lol) I will let you know how it goes.... My laptop just died too....sorta, the fan went so I'm totally relying on this tablet and my phone for now and I'm still learning navigation too 🙄

Upvote 0
Hi folks, it's me again,
So I got fed up with that tablet, took it back and got another MUCH better Android, but version 9, same as my phone and after all that figured out how to transfer data through my Bluetooth....the other didn't have it I think, but.....now another issue...
I have 32GB storage on tablet and 32 SD card, so, plenty of room. The issue I'm having, I've Googled til I'm blue in the face and eyes foggy....I noticed that after I had installed all my usual apps, then put the shortcuts on the home screens, some were just disappearing...so after going through putting them back, stopped using the APKPure, and using Launcher3 (still not too sure why either is needed), it still happened. Then I realized it's ONLY apps that are stored on the SD card (I have it as default to save internal space).
I am beyond irritated now 🤔but read to try re-mounting the SD card then re-adding the apps, then rebooting the tablet.....all I can say now is :
#$&(%*$# (insert expletives!)
Can you help? I'm hoping this is some simple setting, because having to re-add the apps to the home screen every time I reboot it, is ridiculously stupid, and a pain in the a$$!!
Thanks, Diana

***Not to mention, my mind is pretty much out there right now, because I just lost my 14 1/2 year old furbaby, in a totally freak accident, who my son rescued at 6 months old, who was also my heart, my best friend and my world :(....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones