• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to install Joeys 2.1 v5 but haveing issues?

Eazail70x7

Android Expert
Mar 13, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I boot into recovery mode and when I click on Apply .zip, it then asks me to hit home to confirm. I hit that and then it looked like it tries to install but then it doesn't work and it aborts instillation. It says:

-Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open/sdcard/joeykrim-SDX-a2.1-root-v5.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

I have the joeykrim-SDX-a2.1-root-v5.zip in my SD card, so why is it not working? :thinking:

Edit: Ok, I redownloaded the file and it was a different size (2.13 I think) and I think it just work. This time it said installation complete

I boot into recovery mode and when I click on Apply .zip, it then asks me to hit home to confirm. I hit that and then it looked like it tries to install but then it doesn't work and it aborts instillation.

I have the joeykrim-SDX-a2.1-root-v5.zip in my SD card, so why is it not working? :thinking:
Are you currently running 2.1 (DD03)?

Upvote 0
I didnt have any issues getting it to load but ill be damned if I can get my phone to root. Ill check the root status and the $ just wont turn into a # sign.

I believe ive followed the directions to a T, even started over with a fresh 2.1 install from SDX, then did the DD10 followed with V5 and although it seemed to install with no issues im not Rooted. Anyone have any comments?

duh, ive been rooted all along and didnt know it. Never entered a name in the second box in Connectbot and once i did it changed the $ to # right away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones