1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

turn off phone charging automatically?

Discussion in 'Smart Home' started by Odd Rain, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Odd Rain

Odd Rain Newbie

I have an app (accubattery) that can sound an alarm when the phone battery is charged to a certain level (e.g. 60%). But it cannot turn off charging. I have to unplug the charger. But sometimes I miss the alarm (e.g. left the room) and the battery ended up fully charged.

Is there a way to do this automatically? Is there some battery app that can send a trigger to an automation app like IFTTT, which can be programmed to turn off a smart plug the phone charger is plugged into?

Advertisement

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Accubattery can predict when the phone would charge to XX%

With that info you might want to use a timer to cut off the power to the charger. There are timers that can be installed on the wall outlet and they are cheap.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

I have a convoluted way of doing this. It works but I haven't used it for a while. It requires having an Alexa unit placed at reasonable distance from your charger. Here are the steps.
    1. Record a message to Alexa on the phone asking it to turn off a specific plug module.
    2. Use Macrodroid to play this message on your phone at high-volume when the battery charge reaches the desired percentage. Set this to repeat a couple of times.

5. deveon

deveon Lurker

I didn't know that these kind of apps existed, it's a real life saver.
    I'll download that right now, thanks to y'all.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I miss the teens.
    It's much better now. :rob: