• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUT] Fix battery drain issue on ANY Rom

cool.gautam

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2011
USA
DISCLAIMER:YOU MUST BE ROOTED :)

Some users, when flashing new ROMs,
have noticed that their battery life goes
down a little bit. With just a simple
wipe of the battery stats file, though,
you can get your battery back up and
running to its full capacity.

The battery stats file basically tells
your phone how much battery it has
left. The problem is, sometimes this
file can get a little out of whack and
tell your phone it' s fully charged when
it isn't done charging yet

source

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105051985738280261832/posts/FV3LVtdVxPT

why this wont work

Today's myth debunking:

"The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory."

No, it does not.

This file is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings.

That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

Deleting it is not going to do anything to make your more device more fantastic and wonderful... well, unless you have some deep hatred for seeing anything shown in the battery usage UI. And anyway, it is reset every time you unplug from power with a relatively full charge (thus why the battery usage UI data resets at that point), so this would be a much easier way to make it go away.
The whole idea of erasing that file having any effect on battery life is pure superstition and wishful thinking. The battery usage UI describes what your device has been doing that has been consuming battery; it doesn't change how the device is using the battery.

You want to "refresh" your battery stats? Charge your phone. When you unplug it again, the device knows it's at full charge (because the battery firmware says so), so the stats tracking treats that as a known milestone for reporting purposes.

Upvote 0
The android system automatically creates a battery stat file that stores the amount of battery left in ur phone.. when you change roms, the battery file gets messed up.. it can display 100% charged but actually it will be around 80%.. thats why the battery drains faster..
If you wipe out the battery stat file, the system will create a new one with the actual % left.. charge again until 100 % and voila!.. you have great battery life...
Try this

Upvote 0
aah sunil dude.. i guess dats nt d problem i 've let it chrge fr hours....
nd d drain occurs sooooo rapidly....

i was more dan happy wid my 1450mah battery..infact used to brag abt it..

but i tried customizations + hybrid ..nd dat strd d drain...

den i switch to just hybrid 3 sans d customization frm uot.... d drains a lil less but still dere..

nw im planning to go back to stock rom nd just root it.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones