• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter: Great first attempt but needs work

mrcizzo

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
Phone: Motorola Droid

This app provides you all the basic necessities for using Twitter from your phone. It does look great and feels great when using the app. It's very intuitive from typing out tweets to retweeting others.

From what I understand, this app is the wonderful result of Twitter purchasing the company who produced Tweetie. This is their golden egg. For a first version, this is great. They started off running and blowing past a lot of other Twitter applications on the Android Market.

The one problem that I have with this application is it does not save your place. This application will instead jump you to the most recent tweet that had been tweeted. If this was made as a feature to the current version, I would most likely just drop my current unnamed Twitter app for this one.

It is missing some features that other twitter apps do offer in the Android Market, but for a version one, it's going in the right direction and I hope it doesn't stop.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones