• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps U.S. sales of Android OS (looking for info)

here are the numbers I came up with. These aren't set in stone numbers.

I used this link for the total number of smartphone users in the US...

Communities Dominate Brands: A Bloodbath for 2010: the Smartphone market preview

- 285 million cell phone users with 17% being smartphone users.
- ~48,450,000 smartphone users in the US.

using this link to show a recent survey to get the marketshare of Android:

Android Market Share Growing By Leaps And Bounds | WebProNews

- Android marketshare - 5.2%
- 5.2% of 48,450,000 users = 2,519,400 or 2.5 million Android users in the US.

Upvote 0
Thank you ;) I've been trying to get a handle on these figures for several days. I guess after a while you see so much information you don't know what you are seeing. Thanks Again

So what I'm really after is finding the total number of Smartphones in the U.S. that are Augmented Reality capable (ie have the magnetometer). These phones include the iPhone 3G S and the Android devices: Nexus One, G1, MyTouch 3G, CLIQ and Droid.

I put the 3G S at 8 million, possibly higher at 10 Million. Assuming these numbers are correct - 2.5 million Androids to 8 -10 million 3G S's - we have a total number of smartphones in the US that are AR capable at 10.5 to 12.5 million.

I'm doing this research for a financial plan - have to be thorough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones